Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Daily Deuce - The Zombies


Here's a new segment that I'm calling the Daily Deuce. I know, I know. All of my segments are new. Just go with it. Today's daily deuce focuses on another all-time favorite british group of mine from the 60's, The Zombies In 2002, the band remixed into stereo their entire Decca catalog, which had previously only been available in Mono, and which also only consisted of two full-length LP's and a few singles. I'm generally not a fan of remixes, especially ones thirty-six years in the making. However, the entire band were present for these remixes, and they sound incredibly faithful to the original mono masters. Being the wide-stereo sucker that I am, I just had to have this one. Anyways, here are two stand-out tracks from one of my fave bands that just barely got going before calling it quits, The Zombies.

The Zombies - The Way I Feel Inside (from Begin Here)

The Zombies - How We Were Before (Indication single B-side)

No comments: