Monday, September 6, 2010

Druids Of Stonehenge - Creation (Stereo) 1967

So, I came across this record a couple months back. I've seen mixed reviews about this band around the web, but this record slays me. The drums sound great (drummer is killer as well), David Budge (singer, center, below)'s got a great voice, these guys are just tight. Pretty straight ahead garage with some psych undertones, they cover a few of the prototypical bar band repertoire of the late 60's, however to great effect. I must've heard hundreds of covers of both "I Put A Spell On You" and "It's All Over Now, Baby Blue", but these renditions are definitely my favorites of both. (Side note, Big Papi just yanked a donger off Jeff Niemann)

Anyways, I'm gonna get to the point here. I have this record in stereo on vinyl. The mix is killer. Love the panning. Buuuut, apparently the label that owns the digital rights refuses to put it out. All the copies I've found on the web have been in mono. I HATE listening to mono in headphones. My friends know this. So, today I bucked up and finally figured out how to rip vinyls onto the computer. Unfortunately, I did not figure out how to "trim" the tracks (you'll hear the needle drop on the first track of each side). But all in all I think this is a pretty quality stereo version of this record for the Ipod. For more info, there's a good bio here

4 comments:

Josh said...

click on the album cover to download

MG said...

thanks!

sfdoomed said...

Some four years after your original posting and I'm psyched to see that the link still works!

I completely agree with what you said about the stereo mix. I have the vinyl of this as well and it smokes! Just recently I was listening to an mp3 version (actually Flac) I had downloaded a while back and was dismayed to hear that it was in mono (I don't understand the current obsession with mono at all) and then I found your blog after searching around the web a little. Thanks for providing a stereo version. Much appreciated!

cgm said...

Thanks - Great album!