Saturday, August 29, 2009

Kim Deal Mini-mix

Today I want to share a few of my favorite Kim Deal tracks. I've been a Pixies fan since the ninth grade. The next spring she put out the second Breeders record, Last Splash, to this day still one of my favorite albums of all time. 1995 saw her put out the only Amps record, another classic which I will save for a separate post. She's released a couple Breeders records sporadically the past 14 years since, but I'm including one of my favorite tracks from 2002's Title TK, a track which actually dated back to the Amps days, Forced to Drive. Also, a cover of Chris Bell's "You & Your Sister" (w/ Tanya Donelly). Feast:

No Aloha (from Last Splash)
Dedicated (from The Amps - Pacer)
Forced To Drive (from Title TK)
You & Your Sister (from This Mortal Coil - Blood)

No comments: